Friday, April 1, 2011

Short and Sweet.

Sometimes a little alone time does the soul good.


I wrote a song tonight. 
I started learning piano when I was about 10 years old. 
I loved it. 
I think most of the reason was because I had an amazing teacher! 
Her family and our family really bonded. 
I babysat her daughter and I used to spend the night with them and eat pizza and watch movies. 
It was altogether a wonderful experience. 
Now, playing piano is an escape. 
My fingers just flow across the keys and the music fills my ears. 
It brings a smile to my heart. 
More recently, I have had a lot of time to sit and practice and reminisce. 
My emotions flow through my body and come out of the tips of my fingers. 
It is such a refreshing feeling to let them out in a productive way. 
I'm no Whitney Houston or Adele, but I can sing when I want to. 
My heart is softer tonight as I sing at the top of my lungs with no one around to hear.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment